So I needed to bring in fruit for my fitness and wellness management class and decided it would be a much better idea to bring something less than healthy. I got my recipe from Recipe Tips which provides great recipes for all occasions.
- 6 cups Granny Smith Apples (I used 3 large apples)
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray the 9×11 baking dish with nonstick spray. (I didn’t spray mine because it was a nonstick pan and it came out clean.)
- Place thinly sliced apples on the bottom of baking dish
- Combine brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg together until it makes a crumble texture
- sprinkle over the apples
- BAKE for 30 minutes and done!
I served mine cold because I had to make it a day ahead of time, but it was still delicious! tasted like spiced up apple sauce.
P.S. DO NOT spill half of your quick oats on the floor. Not fun to clean up!