I quite the lazy breakfast eater. Most of the time I am hungry, but no appetite. I found these the other day from Healthy and Fit with Debbie and loved them! I love muffins, but as most of us know they are packed with carbs and sugar. Therefore these are a great alternative. The only issue I had was that they were a little plain tasting. I would suggest a pinch of salt, peanut butter, or just a few dark chocolate chips or cocoa/carob powder…you could even add in almonds, walnuts, or other kinds of nuts!
- 2.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP ground flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup peanut butter ( I simply placed it on top)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins with silicone or foil liners.
2. Place the oats in the food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds. Add remaining ingredients to the food processor.
3. Process until everything is mixed together and oats are smooth.
4. Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Hope you all try out this recipe! It has actually kept me full all morning.