Hey everyone!! I am so excited to share this pie with you because it is the first pie I have ever made by scratch! This is a cold pie which means it is perfect for the upcoming summer. This is a great pie you can make a couple days before a party.
- 1 cup pecans (you can also use crispy pecans from nourishing traditions pg 513)
- 3/4 cup arrowroot or bulgar flour. (you can use white flour but it is not recommended health wise)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened, or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup rapadura or your choice of sugar. I used Turbinado because I didn’t have rapadura
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
This makes a delicious press-in type of pie crust, enough for one 9-inch pie pan. No top crust
Place pecans in food processor and process to a meal. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Press into a well-buttered and floured pie pan. For a fully baked crust (which we need) bake at 325 degrees for about 1/2 hour.
- 2 12-oz packages frozen berries or 1 1/4 pound fresh berries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS gelatin dissolved in 3 Tablespoons water over low heat
Place half the berries in food processor with water and maple syrup. Process until berries are liquefied. Add lemon juice and gelatin mixture while motor is running. Place remaining berries in cooled pie crust and pour gelatin mixture over them. Refrigerate several hours before serving.
Hope you try out this recipe!! It is so easy and delicious! Try the carob sauce as well!