- 1 cup butter, organic pasture butter is the healthiest!Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter – Salted (8 ounce) is found in most stores!
- 10-12 drops therapeutic grade peppermint essential oil (I recommend this one) OR 1/8 – 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract Simply Organic Peppermint Flavor Certified Organic, 2-Ounce Container
- Taste and adjust amount as necessary.
- 3 Tbs. raw honey (You can increase to 4 Tbs. if desired, but I only used 2 TBS) Buy local if you can! Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Raw Honey – 22 oz
- Small pinch of unrefined salt
- Optional: 2 Tbs. cocoa powder for a chocolate version (a empowered sustenance reader’s suggestion) Might try this next batch!
- Have the butter at room temperature. Stir together all ingredients then scoop it into adisposable pastry bag or zip-top bag. You can use a metal pastry tip like I did, I just stuck the metal tip into the end of a zip-top bag and then cut off a corner of the bag (see picture above). If you don’t want to use a tip, just snip of the corner of the bag.
- Squeeze bite-sized buttons onto a baking sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper. Place in the fridge until firm, about 2 hours, then transfer to a storage container and store in the fridge.
Notes: For a chocolate version: A reader told me she made this recipe with the addition of 2 Tbs. cocoa powder, for a chocolate version, with success. That sounds like a great idea and I wanted to share it here!
Inspired by this recipe from Shaye at The Elliot Homestead.
Hope you try these out!! They have changed my life!