Onion soup is a fantastic recipe to make during the fall! Not only does it taste amazing, but it is packed with nutrients! I just wouldn’t eat a bowl before a date…
Onions are great for boosting your immune system to help fight off colds and flu! The recipe will freeze well also! Make a big batch and freeze for later. Great to pull out on days that you just aren’t feeling great. Honestly, it is great for any day.
If you are brave, try making homemade beef bone broth! You will add TONS of nutrients to your dish by making it yourself!
- 6-7 medium onions
- 2 TBS butter, ghee, or coconut oil (I used butter)
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 8 cups organic beef broth (BEEF BONE BROTH RECIPE)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Slice onions into rings
- Melt the fat over a medium heat in a stock pot or large bottomed deep pan
- Add the onions and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook the onions until golden brown, about 20 minutes. You will want to stir often!
- Add the beef broth, thyme, and bay leaves and bring to a simmer. Scrape the bottom of the pot to release any browned bits of onion
- Cook soup on simmer for about 20 minutes uncovered.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and a little more salt and pepper and continue simmering for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe!!