Hey everyone! So sorry for the lack of posts! Life has been pretty crazy around here. I had an amazing time on my family reunion up in York, ME, but got pretty behind in my NTC studies. Whoops! So I needed to make that a priority for a little while.
Now this recipe was made for Father’s Day. It is a adapted recipe to my husband’s take on chicken parmesan. He has made it for me many times and absolutely love it! We adapted the recipe for a more healthy look at this classic recipe.
Excuse the picture quality. I was so hungry I forgot to make it pretty before I dug in!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup milk (or almond milk)
- Bread crumbs (alternative option listed below)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (16 oz) spaghetti sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- 8+ fresh basil leaves
- Salt to taste.
Bread crumb alternative:
Amounts do not need to be exact. Just depends on the amount of chicken you have. Must be enough to evenly coat chicken.
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds (dry almonds toasted in 425 degree oven for 10-15 minutes)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 TBS oregano
- 1 TBS thyme
Directions: ground the almonds and mix with the rest of the ingredients.