My husband LOVES chips and salsa, but they tend to be expensive and have a lot of strange additives. I found this great recipe in my Eating Well cookbook and had to try it. I figured after a long day of my husband and his friends playing soccer in the rain/snow, they deserved something warm and spicy.
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- canola oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (i used cayenne)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- I added a bit of cilantro paste for extra flavor
1. position oven racks in the middle and lower third of the oven; preheat to 375 degrees
2. cut tortillas into quarters and coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place tortilla wedges on the 2 large baking sheets. (I placed mine on foil to help with clean up)
4. bake the tortilla, switching the baking sheets half way through, until golden and crisp. 15-20 minutes. Check often!!!
Although this may not be “healthy” it is definitely better than most flavored tortilla chips!