Evening everyone! Hope all is well. It is currently storming here in Nashville! I love the sound of thunder in the afternoon. This was a fantastic and easy recipe for any day of the week! Now the original recipe called for chicken leg quarters, but chicken breasts work perfectly fine, too. I grabbed this recipe off of my new favorite website Primal Palate!
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Chives , chopped
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted, at room temperature
- 2 whole Chicken Leg Quarter, prick skin with a knife
- Preheat oven to bake at 375.
- Rinse chicken under cold water, pat dry with a paper towel, and place in a glass baking dish.
- Lightly prick the skin of the chicken with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Becareful not to puncture the meat of the chicken.
- This is to make sure that the fatty juices from the skin help to moisten the chicken while cooking.
- Carefully lift the skin off the thigh of the chicken and stuff with minced garlic.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine butter and chives.
- Blend with a fork until you have a lightly whipped chive butter.
- Rub chive butter liberally over the skin of the chicken legs (since the legs will be cold, it helps to melt the butter slightly so that it easily coats the chicken).
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, and roast at 375 for 35minutes.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe!!