I have been wanting to make egg drop soup for quite sometime, but feared it may be difficult. Man was I wrong. Easiest soup I think I have ever made! Here is what I did.
- 4 cups chicken stock (2 cans)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I didn’t have any so I used teriyaki..)
- 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 green onions, chopped (also didn’t have any…so I used regular onion)
- shredded carrots, I used 2 normal size carrots
- salt and pepper
Bring soup stock, ginger and soy sauce to a boil.
In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Stir until cornstarch dissolves. Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the stock until thickened a bit. Reduce heat to a simmer. Slowly pour in the eggs and stir in one direction only. The eggs will spread out and look like ribbons.
Take soup off heat and add the green onions. Season with salt and pepper.
Told you it was easy!! It was quite filling as well!