I had a fantastic Mother’s Day weekend!! On Saturday I got to go to the Franklin Farmer’s Market with the beautiful Shane Kelly. She is the one doing this Nutritional Therapy Consultant certification with me. She has been going to the market for years and was wonderful enough to introduce me to all of her friends there! I met so many fantastic farmers and gardeners.
This recipe is actually right off her blog! She calls it the Egg And Must-Go Veggie Pie. I thought it would be fantastic for a Mother’s Day brunch. I actually tripled this recipe so that I would have enough for the family and to bring some for church.
Here it is!!
Yield: Serves 6
- 1-2 cups of leftover cooked veggies like, asparagus, spinach, broccoli, etc.
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup full fat ricotta cheese
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Ground pepper
- ¼ – ½ cup of asiago, cheddar, jack or parmesan cheese on top
- Sprinkle a little paprika on top for color!
Optional: add your own ingredients! I added prosciutto in mine!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Butter a glass or ceramic pie plate.
- Place the veggies evenly on the bottom of the buttered plate.
- Whisk together the eggs and farmer’s cheese and salt and pepper and pour evenly over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the egg mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes until just set and no longer “jiggly.”
Let cool for about 5 minutes, run the knife around the
edge of the pie to loosen it and serve with a nice side of fruit or sausage.
Note: I didn’t have any left over veggies so I simply lined the bottom with uncooked zucchini and spinach and it turned out fantastic.
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!!