I’m going to be honest for a minute. I have never been a huge fan of salads. I have always been a picky eater until I realized that it is all about how it is prepared. Once I started preparing foods for myself I began to fall in love with a wide variety of vegetables. I’m a texture eater which means the texture of the item of food overrides its taste. An example would be bell peppers, cherries, tomatoes, onions, and other items with the similar texture. I still cook with them and try to eat them, but sometimes it is just too much for me. I know that sounds silly, but if you’re a picky eater…you understand!
Now while I was at the Franklin Farmer’s Market this weekend my friend told me I HAD to try this flat leafed Kale and Swiss Chard. Thank God I did!! It was fantastic! I don’t normally like kale because it can have a very bitter taste, but this was perfect. I prepared this side dish to go along with my Egg Pie along with a fruit salad for Mother’s Day. The meal was fresh and clean just like my family likes it!
Here is what to do:
- One Batch of Kale
- One Batch of Swiss chard
- 1 stick good quality butter (I used Katie’s homemade butter from WholeFoods)
- 2 large cloves garlic
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Coarsely chop kale and swiss chard
- Finely mince garlic and place in a large pan with butter on the stove top.
- Turn on medium/high heat until butter melts and begins to sizzle.
- Add kale and swiss chard. toss with some tongs or salad ware until lightly coated.
- About 1-2 minutes!! Remove and serve.
Note: You don’t want to fully cook the vegetables. 1-2 minutes is all that is needed!! No one wants soggy veggies.
Hope you try this recipe out! it is so easy and quick!
What your batches of kale and swiss chard will look like!