Lemon & Dill Chicken
Serve with roasted broccoli and whole-wheat orzo.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35-40 minutes
- 2 split chicken breasts or 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 TBS butter (KariGold) or 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium Chicken Broth (preferably your own if you make it)
- 2 teaspoons unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided (We had to use dried)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until well browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil. NOTE: If you are using split chicken breasts Place chicken IN FOIL in the oven for 35 minutes or until done
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk broth, flour, 1 tablespoon dill and lemon juice in a measuring cup and add to pan. Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- If you are using breasts WITH OUT the bone Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan; reduce heat to low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a warmed platter. Season sauce with salt and pepper and spoon over the chicken. Garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill.
There it is! Pretty easy overall and very delicious!