I adore this recipe! It is actually from my Mother! She makes it all the time and I can’t get enough of it. Now, I did adjust this recipe a bit…sorry Mom.
- 1 cup beef broth or chicken broth or water
- 1 additional cup water
- 1 TBS olive oil or coconut oil
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 lbs), peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup cashews, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the
onion and cook 5 minutes until soft (not brown).
2. Add the chopped squash, curry powder, and a little salt and pepper. Stir,
then cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in 2 cups water/broth and 3/4 cup milk. Bring the mixture to a boil before
lowering the heat and letting it simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the cashews and cool briefly. Working in batches if necessary,
transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and
thick. Alternatively, use a stick blender and blend the soup in the saucepan.
5. Reheat the soup as necessary. Adjust seasoning to your liking and serve
meat, salad, or bread
Hope you all enjoy this simple great recipe!