Pumpkin Pucks brought to you by Paleo Parents! Man. I seriously am in love with Paleo Parents! I personally don’t eat strictly paleo, but their recipes are too good not to try and repost. Like I stated in my last post, I am not a chef. I try my best to make my own recipes, but when it comes to baking…that is something that you can’t just throw together. Hopefully one of these days I will be able to take some cooking classes, but alas. Here is PaleoParents Pumpkin Pucks!
1 C pumpkin puree (we use Elana’s technique)
1 C almond butter
1/4 C honey
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/3 C almond flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
Optional: 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts for decorating
- With electric mixer or stand mixer, whip pumpkin and almond butter together until thoroughly combined
- Add honey and syrup and beat in eggs one at a time
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full in greased muffin tin (they will not rise but more would be too dense IMO)
- Top with decorations, if you choose to do so – they’re really just perfect without anything though
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, will be firm to the touch but a testing knife or stick will not come out clean
If you want a cupcake, top them with our Creamy Not Cheese Frosting to make a wonderful cupcake!
I added Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter on mine!
Makes 1 dozen pucks. Store at room temperature only for a day or two, otherwise keep in the fridge or freezer (if they last that long!).