Who doesn’t like fried chicken!? I mean honestly?? This recipe was sent from heaven! It provides a great amount of comfort while still being considered a healthy alternative. Honestly, I loved this recipe more than typical fried chicken. It is not super greasy allowing you to eat with out feeling gross after. Hope you all enjoy this!!
- 3 chicken medium breasts
- 1 cup almond flour or coconut flour or wheat germ
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs onion flakes
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- Cooking oil/fat of your choice
- Slice chicken breasts into strips about 1 inch thick
- On a large skillet heat olive oil or coconut oil on medium/high heat
- Combine all dry ingredients into a plate and whisked eggs into a bowl
- Once pan is hot dip the breast into egg then into the dry ingredients
- Carefully place battered chicken onto skillet.
- Do not crowd the chicken.
- Cook each piece for 3-4 minutes each side. Depending on thickness.
- When cooked place on a large plate with a paper towel on the bottom.
This chicken will not be too greasy.
Serve with a nice salad, sweet potato, or other vegetables!
This recipe was adapted from Oh Snap Let’s Eat