Yum Yum Yum! I love these! What a great breakfast food, especially on the go! I am always looking for items that I can simply snack on in the morning or running to do errands. These are definitely going to be a staple. The great thing about these cookies, is that you can really make them anyway! I don’t think you could really go wrong. I tried the recipe Paleo Mama had adapted. I can’t wait to try different varieties! You should definitely check out paleo Mamas site! I think I have said that many times!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies
- 1/2 cup of Almond Butter (where to buy)
- 1/2 cup of pureed Sweet Potato – Roast them in the oven to soften or throw them in the microwave for 6 minutes (GASP…don’t hate me for still using my microwave!)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey (where to buy)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (where to buy)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (where to buy) or 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of real salt (where to buy)
- 2-3 cups of mix-ins of choice*
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drop by TB-2 TB onto a greased or silicate-lined baking sheet. Press down slightly with your palm.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Makes 12 large breakfast cookies!
- coconut shreds/chips (I like these)
- Chocolate Chips (I like these)
- Chia Seeds (I like these)
- Almond slivers
- Pumpkin seeds
hope you enjoy!