I am a day late on this post, but that is alright…right?? First I want to say thank you for all the awesome views this week! It always makes me excited to see spikes in my viewer bar chart.
This week I want to chat about yogurt. As many of us know yogurt can be great for you because of the many great bacteria and nutrients. The biggest downside I see in yogurt is all of the added sugar! PHEW there is a lot of added sugar in flavored yogurts, but they taste so delicious.
I choose my yogurts based on a couple things
- sugar content
- protein content
- whole fat
- minimal ingredients
These are the “quality” flags for me. If you are going out to buy yogurt check your ingredient list and nutrition facts. You may surprise yourself with how much sugar or unnecessary ingredients are in the packaged yogurt.
If you are like me and don’t particularly love plain yogurt have no fear. There are so many things you can do to spruce up your yogurt.
What to add to yogurt:
- Fruit:heat some fruit for 20 seconds in the microwave and add to yogurt
- Honey: great antioxidant and deliciously sweet
- Coconut sugar: taste a lot like brown sugar but with a much lower glycemic index
- Cinnamon: Great for blood sugar control
- Nuts: great protein and fat
- Hemp seeds/flax/chia: add supplemental fats and proteins! great for added texture
- Vanilla: because real vanilla trumps fake vanilla 😉
Here was my morning yogurt:
1 1/2 Raw milk yogurt from my local farmer
3 TBS Hemp seed
1-2 TBS Gelatin
1 TBS coconut sugar
1 TBS cinnamon
Hope you enjoyed this quick tip blog post!