Hey everyone! I actually saw this recipe on Paula Dean’s TV show and was dying to try it! This isn’t exactly what I did, but this recipe refines my mistakes.
Serves 3-4 side dishes.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (free-range egg is possible)
- 1/2 TBS basil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter (Kerry Gold Irish grass fed butter is best!)
Grate zucchini with a fine grater. Press between paper towels or cheese cloth to remove excess moisture.
In a medium bowl, combine grated zucchini, cheese, egg, and spices. Shape mixture into 2-inch patties, pressing together firmly.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook zucchini cakes 3 to 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
Serve warm! We ate ours with some left over chicken and spinach.
That’s it! Super easy and delicious!!