Hello! I have been craving carrot cake for about a week now and decided to just go for it. I looked at a couple different gluten free recipes and decided to just wing it the rest of the way. This is paired perfectly with cream cheese icing. I unfortunately didn’t have enough cream cheese to do this part, but feel free to make some. The extra ingredients/directions are listed below the recipe.
Hope you enjoy this carrot cake! It took no time at all to prep and is moist, spongy, and delicious!
Gluten Free Carrot Cake
Makes 1 sheet 6×10 pan serving about 10+ depending on how much you eat.
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda (gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts of choice (pecans and walnuts preferred)
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 block) (room temperature)
Do not over mix. Simply mix until well incorporated and stop.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat your sugars, eggs, and butter together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together your flours, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add this mixture until well combined on medium-low speed.
- Add your cream cheese and grated carrots. Continue to mix on low to medium speed until combined.
- Add to a greased pan and cook for 45-1 hour depending on your oven.
- Top with your chopped nuts. Add as much or as little as you would like!
- If making muffins begin checking for doneness after 30 minutes.
It is done when you can poke it with a toothpick and it comes out “clean”. You will need to do this step because it is the only real way to tell it is done. Cake will appear dark in color.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes. It will be soft when it comes out, but will stiffen up upon cooling.
Cream cheese icing:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar (gluten free)
While cake or muffins are cooling place butter, cream cheese and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat on high until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.